Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bi-Polar self affirmations

I'm creating a list of affirmations, positive statements to one's self, that can be used at any time when the need arises.

We have all seen the books laden with these gems of wisdom we can remember when doubt and depression mire our thoughts.

"I'm a good person." "Everything happens for a reason, even the pock marks on my thighs." "There is a light switch at the end of the tunnel," and so on.

But I think affirmations for the Bi-polar should be more specific for people with the condition.

Here's just a few I thought of off the top of my head:

"I am a fuck up, but so is everybody else." (works when you're feeling alienated)

"I screwed up, but next time I'll do it with much more luster." (keep trying)

"I'm good enough, smart enough, or at least when this depression passes I will be." (Hope for the future)

"Just another manic Monday." (acceptance)

"Shiny things...oooooh pretty." (when you just need to get away)

No comments:

Post a Comment